News from Grassroots conservatives
2 Oct 2017
Oct 2, 2017 from Coalition for Marriage:
A poll of Conservative Party activists commissioned by the Coalition for Marriage has revealed major support for our drive to put traditional marriage at the heart of education policy.
The poll of 550 councillors also found that nine in ten believe the party should concentrate on core issues like Brexit and the economy rather than politically correct causes such as transgenderism.
Greening out of touch with grassroots activists
Our exclusive poll, published this afternoon, shows grassroots support across the Coalition for Marriage’s campaign agenda.
The poll results also represent a striking rejection of major initiatives proposed by Secretary of State for Education and Minister for Equalities Justine Greening in both of her portfolios.
Findings in the poll, conducted by ComRes, include:
- 87 per cent say Conservative voters want the party to focus on the economy and Brexit rather than socially progressive causes
- 79 per cent believe parents, not schools, should teach children about adult relationships
- 75 per cent want schools to promote traditional models of family and marriage
- 62 per cent say the party is overly focussed on politically correct issues like gender identity
- 51 per cent say it is increasingly difficult to be a social conservative in the Conservative Party
- Only three per cent believe that plans to make it easier to change gender will win votes
- Support for traditional marriage is seen as a vote winner (52 per cent). Transgender reforms and unisex toilets in schools are seen as liabilities with voters by more than half of respondents.
The full polling data is available on our website.
A wake-up call
This needs to be a wake-up call to those in the Government who sometimes appear more interested in indoctrinating children than educating them.
Just like our supporters, Conservative Party councillors want the Government to ditch the extremist attitude to gender and obsession with adult sexual identities, and concentrate on ensuring schools are well funded and teaching effectively.
They also want the Government as a whole to concentrate on its core portfolio and stop wasting time and money pursuing fashionable causes which undermine family life.
We believe that this poll sends a very clear message to Theresa May from her own grassroots supporters: back traditional marriage, stop the dumbed down, politically correct box ticking and concentrate on the job in hand.
|Our thanks to our supporters whose generosity allowed us to commission this poll. If you are able to support our campaigning, then please donate.